“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches…” (Revelation 2:7 NLT)
Hear the cry of the Lord to the Church of Jesus Christ, especially the American church.
“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit…”
Hearing, listening, and understanding is critical to survival and effective ministry in these last days.
Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word which proceeds from the mouth of God (Matt 4:4).” In other words, we’ll live if we hear, listen, and understand what the Lord is saying at this very moment.
“But I’ve never been very good at hearing God!”
Maybe you’ve never been taught how to distinguish God’s voice from all the other voices around you.
In John chapter 10 Jesus talks about His sheep knowing His voice and not listening to any other. 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 states we are children of light and should walk accordingly, not allowing the darkness to overtake us.
In order to hear God’s voice there are several things you must do, if you’re going to be able to discern truth from error (God’s Spirit, or voices which CLAIM to be from God).
1. Read, study, memorize, APPLY God’s word. Do that which you know to do. Do it now, and always.
Determine to be a doer of His Word (written or otherwise) BEFORE you hear what He has to say!
2. Be in community with other followers of Christ. God gives individual assignments, but He’ll never contradict His Word. Having godly relationships helps us watch out for one another.
3. Receive reproof and correction. God won’t only speak of great and glorious things; but He’ll always speak as a loving Father.
He’ll show you where you’ve messed up, but also give you hope and a way to correct your error.
Remember Jesus’ words to the seven churches…”I know your works…there are things I like, and things you need to change…”?
4. Guard your heart. Be very picky about what you listen to, watch, talk, and think about. And no, it’s not because you won’t look like a Christian. It’s because things contrary to God’s word, if allowed to come into your spirit unchecked and unrestrained, will cause your ability to be sensitive to God’s voice to diminish to the point of spiritual deafness.
5. Determine to love what He loves, and hate what He hates.
“You love justice and hate evil. Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.” (Hebrews 1:9 NLT)
These words were spoken about Jesus, but should apply to anyone who claims to be His disciple.
6. Expect to be led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14-16). It’s not only your privilege, it could very well mean your life, and the life of those around you.
7. Set aside your own opinions and solutions. Allow God’s word, His voice, to change your mind.
“Trust in the Lord…in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5,6
What would happen if EVERY believer did just that? What if we all had ears to hear, listen and understand what the Spirit is saying?
Church, we MUST hear, or we will surely miss out on what He wants to accomplish in this nation!
We MUST hear and obey the voice of the Spirit, even if it goes crosswise with our opinion.
We MUST understand what He is saying to the churches.
He knows what it will take to bring in the harvest.
He understands what needs to happen to shake the powers of darkness, and to release those bound by unclean and vile spirits.
He has the answer for EVERY trick of the enemy!
And He even knows what it will take to make this nation great again.
(By the way, making America great again really isn’t a priority to God).
Do YOU belong to Jesus? Do you have ears to hear? Can you listen and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches?
And are you ready for action?
The Spirit of God says, “It’s time.”